When living in the United States, it’s important to take care of your cash. The best place to store your money is in the bank, so it will be protected.
Most banks in the U.S. protect your money up to $250,000 because they are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
This membership provides safety to you in case your bank goes out of business, promising that your money will not be lost.
USAFIS can help you with your move to the U.S. by making sure your application is completed properly.
As you look for a bank in the United States, remember that most banks will require a minimum deposit in order to open a new account.
In addition, if you want to avoid a service fee, most accounts will require that you keep a minimum amount in the account at all times. If you fall below this minimum balance, you will likely have to pay a fee.
There are two types of bank accounts that you should consider – checking and savings. Checking accounts are a place to store money for a short time in order to pay off bills, buy groceries and gas, and write checks.
A savings account is a place where you save money for longer periods of time and maybe get some cash back from the bank in the form of interest.
USAFIS has helped many foreign nationals with the immigration process. We are here 24/7 to help you with your immigration application and process, so contact us today!
Choosing a Bank
Not all banks in the U.S. are the same, and you will find that there is some competition between banks. This is a good thing because it will give you the option to choose the bank you want, based on the offers and services that work best for you.
Here are some factors to consider:
- Location – Is the bank located close to your job or home?
- Hours – What hours is the bank open?
- Days – What days is the bank open?
- FDIC Member – Is the bank a member of the FDIC?
- Customer Service – Are the people at the bank friendly? Are they willing to explain things to you? Is there someone available who speaks your language?
- Size of the Bank – Is the bank one among others in a major franchise? Are there multiple bank branches throughout the city where you live or work?
- ATMs – Does the bank have multiple ATMs where you can withdraw money when you need it? Fees – What is the fee for withdrawing money from the ATM? What is the minimum fee you will have to pay if you go below the minimum balance in your accounts? Is there a monthly fee for any of your accounts?
USAFIS has helped thousands of people with their process for immigration to the U.S. Contact us today to see how we can help you with your visa application to move the United States.