Is there a difference between the Green Card and the Diversity Visa?

3.7/5 - (4 votes)

Yes, there is a difference between the Green Card and Diversity Visa. Here at USAFIS, we help people who want to move to the United States.

The Diversity Visa is issued by the U.S. State Department and is a temporary visa. This visa is stamped inside the passport of someone who has been approved for U.S. immigration through the Diversity Visa Lottery Program. With this colorful visa, a foreign national can legally enter the U.S. at any port, which is usually an airport in the United States.

Once you have passed your consular interview and have been granted the Diversity Visa to move to the United States, you will then be required to pay a service fee to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency to receive your Green Card. The Green Card got its name because it is actually green in color, but the official name is the U.S. Permanent Resident Card. This is an official identification that you should carry at all times because it is proof that you are allowed to live, work, and study in the United States long term.

USAFIS continues to help thousands of people worldwide to apply for the Diversity Visa Lottery Program. Their professional, expert services include working with immigration attorneys from the United States to help foreign nationals who are selected in the DV-Lottery program.

Leave a Comment