There are some definite benefits to being a winner of the Green Card Lottery. If you are selected for the Lottery, your spouse and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age can also get a Green Card.
This will give them the chance to live and work legally in the U.S. Also, those who win the Green Card can also apply for U.S. citizenship after living in the country for five years. USAFIS is an immigration service that has helped thousands of immigrants move to America.
The greatest U.S. citizen rights are given to permanent residents. Here are some basic rules for Green Card Lottery winners who live in the United States. You should always do the following:
- Follow all laws on a federal, state, and local level.
- Pay all income taxes on a federal, state, and local level.
- Register with the U.S. Armed Forces Selective Service if you are male who is 18-26 years of age.
- Maintain your immigration status.
- Always carry proof of your permanent resident status.
- Submit changes of address within ten days of moving either online or through mail to the Department of Homeland Security.
By following these simple rules, you can live a long and trouble-free life in the United States. Let USAFIS help you fill out your visa application and get started on your move to America!